Pair up your Smartphone with the latest fēnix™2 device
For successful pairing of your latest Garmin fēnix 2 device and android smartphone, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, bring your smartphone close to your fēnix 2 device. Make sure that both the devices must be within the range of 10 m or 33 ft.
- Now, you will see that a distinct MENU appears on the screen of the fēnix 2 device. Press and hold the MENU for a few seconds.
- After that, go to the Settings and turn the Bluetooth on.
- If you want to pair up your new fenix device with your smartphone, select OK.
- If you have already paired your fenix device with some another phone, then select to Pair a New Mobile Device.
- Open the Bluetooth settings menu in your smartphone to change the Bluetooth settings. Thereafter, search for all the nearby devices. (For more details, refer to the owner’s manual)
- Select your fēnix 2 device from the list of nearby devices.
- Now, you will get a passkey on the screen of your fēnix 2 device.
- Enter this passkey in your phone.
- Change the settings of your fenix 2 device by selecting the “Always On” option, regardless of your Activity status, and select OK.
By doing so, your device will remain in an active state to record all the activities instantly.
The Bluetooth wireless technology of your device turns on and off automatically based on your selection.
You can selectively choose “Show” or “Hide” options to show or hide all the smartphone notifications on the screen of your fēnix 2 device.
Visit the official Garmin website by following the link: www.garmin.com/apps
Now, download Garmin Connect™ Mobile App or the BaseCamp™ Mobile App in your android smartphone (optional).
NOTE: You won’t be able to connect your device with the ANT+™ sensors if you have turned on your Bluetooth (Bluetooth®wireless technology) in the settings.
How to reset fenix/fenix 2 device?
Here’s a list of few issues which can only be resolved after a quick device reset:
- Device is unable to restore default factory settings.
- Improper functioning of the device.
- Unable to receive satellite signals.
So, in these cases you must reset your device to restore back its normal functioning.
In case, your watch is frozen, locked or has become unresponsive, hold the power key for approximately 15 seconds to turn down the power.
However, it should be noted that if someone performs a master reset, data loss may occur. In such cases, you must refer the official website for seeking data recovery details and other relevant information.
From support websites, you can easily learn the exact procedure for data back-up or removal of user’s data.
Perform a master reset by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Turn off the power to reset the overall functionality of the watch.
- For this, press the power button and hold for a few seconds.
- Turn on the GPS after pressing and holding the Down button
- Release the Down button once you receive “Clear all user settings?” message.
- Choose the ”Yes” option to save these settings.
After completion of this entire procedure, a setup wizard would appear as the device powers on.
Appearance of the setup wizard is indicative of successful reset.
If the setup wizard doesn’t appear, restart your device and follow the above steps again.
After a successful reset, acquire satellite data by keeping your device in the external environment to get a clear view of the sky.
Keep your device outside for a minimum of 20 minutes.