How To Sign-Up/Register on Twitter?
If you want to stay updated about the happenings around the world, then it is very important to register yourself on Twitter. If you’ve still not registered yourself on Twitter, then this post will guide you on how to sign up/Register on Twitter. Creating an account on Twitter is easy. It will take only a few minutes to get yourself registered on Twitter. So here’s how to register yourself on Twitter and step into the world of micro-blogging in just a few minutes.
- Go to Twitter.com or you can directly enter https://Twitter.com/signup in your address box and press enter.
- Click on ‘New to Twitter? Sign up’ on the homepage. You can find this button in blue color.
- The sign-up page will ask you for your full name, phone number or email and a password. Keep the password easy to remember but hard to guess. The email address you enter will be used for registering your Twitter account. You can’t register more than one profile with a similar email address.
- Choose the username for yourself. The username should be less than 15 characters. In case the username you entered is invalid or unavailable, change the username. Once you enter the valid username you will be able to sign up.
- Your username will be the same which will be used when people will send you replies, mentions, and direct messages.
- Your username will also form the URL of your Twitter profile. Twitter provides few suggestions for username, however, you can still choose your own. Your username can’t contain the terms ‘admin’ or ‘Twitter’ in order to avoid the confusion with the official accounts.
- Check the box given next to ‘Keep me signed in on this computer’ if you want to keep your account logged in on the computer. Don’t check this box if you’re using a public computer to create your Twitter account.
- Check the box given next to ‘Tailor Twitter based on my recent website visits.’ You can choose if you want the Twitter to tailor your news feed according to the websites visited by you. You can uncheck the box if you want.
- Click on ‘Create my account’.
- Twitter will send a text on your registered mobile number to verify your account. Enter the verification code in the text box provided.
- The username should be unique. You can type your own or you can choose from the options provided.
- Enter the captcha code to confirm that you’re a human.
- You’ve successfully registered on
- To confirm your Twitter account, go to your email which you’ve provided in the above steps. There will be a confirmation email from the Twitter. Click on the confirmation link given in the mail to confirm your Twitter account.
Starting Up with Twitter
- You can start your twitter account by following the celebrities if you want. Twitter will furnish a list of people you can follow, based on your interests. You have to select at least 5 people to continue. Press the ‘Next’ button if you want to continue. You can choose five more people in the next list presented before you. Press the ‘Next’ button again.
- You can also search the people you know and those who are there on Twitter. Type their name in the search bar given at the top of the page. Click on the ‘Follow’ button given next to their name to start following them. You can follow as many people you like.
- You will notice that there is no profile picture being displayed on your profile. Click on the empty profile photo to upload a profile picture of yourself.
- You can write a short description for yourself in the ‘Bio’ section. You have to describe yourself in 160 characters or less.
- In case you want to edit your profile, click on the ‘Edit’ button given in the top right corner of your profile. You can change your display picture anytime you want. You can update any information you like viz your name, website and location.
- Twitter also provides this feature for linking your Facebook profile to your Twitter account. Click on ‘Connect’ and click on ‘Save changes’ when you’re done editing your profile.
- You can now start tweeting on your Twitter account. Share your thoughts and micro tales with the world. Click on ‘Tweet’ when you’re done writing the tweet. You can protect your tweets by changing the ‘Tweet privacy’. Tick the checkbox given next to ‘Protect my Tweets’ to hide your tweets from being visible publicly.
- Follow more and more people to encourage them to follow you back. Be an active tweeter to get more followers on Twitter.
If you’re experiencing any problem while signing in or signing up to Twitter you can contact the support or read the troubleshooting articles to resolve your issues. Please note that if you’re using Internet Explorer 9 or an earlier version, you will be automatically redirected to mobile.twitter.com to complete the sign-up process.
Twitter Sign-up for Android
You can create a new account on Twitter using your Android smartphone. Just make sure that your android version is updated. To Register on Twitter for Android, follow the given steps.
- Download the Twitter app from the Google Play Store and launch it.
- Tap on the ‘Sign up’ button to create a new account with Twitter.
- Enter the username or you can choose the one suggested by Twitter.
- Create a password and provide a valid email address. Remember, this email address will be used to confirm your Twitter account.
- Visit your email address after creating an account. You will find a confirmation email there. Click on the link to confirm your Twitter account.
Twitter Sign-up for iOS
If you have an iPad or an iPhone and you want to create your Twitter account using it, then this post will guide you how to register on Twitter for iOS.
- If you haven’t downloaded the Twitter app for iOS, then download it.
- You can create your account directly from the app.
- Tap on the ‘Sign up’ button on the welcome screen of the app to start your sign-up process.
- The Sign-up procedure will ask you for your name, phone number, email address, username and a password.
- In case your username is already taken, then you can choose the username suggested by the Twitter. Once you enter a unique username in the textbox, the checkmark will appear next to the username.
- In case you’re using your phone number to register on Twitter, it will send a text message on your mobile phone with a verification code. You can verify your Twitter account with this code. Enter the verification code in the box.
Twitter Sign-up for Blackberry OS
Before download Twitter for your Blackberry device please make sure that your device is upgraded to the latest version of Blackberry OS. You might experience a problem if your Blackberry is not up to date.
- Download the Twitter app for Blackberry. Launch the app and tap on the ‘Sign up’ button given at the bottom of the welcome screen.
- It will ask for a username, email id, and password.
- Choose a username for yourself. In case your username is already taken, then you can choose the ones suggested by the Twitter.
- When you’ve successfully filled the sign-up form, tap on ‘Sign-up’. Your account will be successfully created.
- Confirm your Twitter account by clicking on the confirmation link given in the confirmation email.
Twitter Sign-up for Windows
You can get the Twitter app for windows from the Windows Marketplace. Download the app and install it on your windows device.
- Launch the Twitter app on your windows phone and tap on the ‘Sign up’ button to register yourself on Twitter.
- Enter the details like username, email address and password to sign up on twitter.
- If your username is unique, you can successfully sign-up on Twitter. In case the desired username is invalid you can choose from the suggestions provided by Twitter.
- Click on ‘Create my account’ to create your account on Twitter.