How To Sign In/log in to your Gmail account from various devices
In this write up we are going to tell you about How to sign in/log in to your Gmail account from various devices. If you are not aware of It won’t be wrong to say that Gmail is the backbone of the current internet scenario. It doesn’t matter that if you want to sign up for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media portal, you have to have a Gmail id in order to get started with any of them. So once you have created your Gmail account how do you use it to sign in/log in to it. In this article, we are going to tell you how to sign in /login to your Gmail account using various devices.
Google Apps account Few Key features :
Using your computer/laptop
- Open your internet browser and go to gmail.com
- On the login/sign in page enter your Gmail username and password.
- If you see that your username is already filled in the username box and you want to sign in with another account, then just click on “Sign in with a different account”.
- If you have been wrongly directed to a page describing the Gmail instead of the login/sign in page, just click on “Sign in” on the top right corner of the same page.
You can also login/sign in to your Gmail account using the Gmail app which is available for both android and iOS platforms.
Using android devices (using the Gmail app)
When you add your account to the Gmail app you can use the same account to sign in/log in. If you have more than one Gmail account that you use subsequently, then you also get the option to add multiple accounts using the app and you can switch between them subsequently.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Gmail app.
- Open the Gmail app.
- On the top left corner of the screen you will see Menu , tap it.
- On the right side of your username you will see a down arrow, tap it.
- Tap “Add account”.
- Select the type of account you are looking forward to add.
- To add your account, follow the steps as mentioned on the screen.
- After you have added your account you will be signed in to your Gmail account and you can use it at any time.
Using iOS devices
- Launch the Gmail app on your iOS device.
- In the left side, top corner you will see the Menu widget , tap it.
- Tap the address of your account. you can skip this step if you are using an iPad.
- Tap on Manage accounts > Add account.
- Enter your username and password for your Gmail account.
- Once you have added your account, you will be signed in to your Gmail account and you can use it any time you want to.
How To Sign In with Two Step Verification?
When on the internet you are continuously vulnerable to online threats which makes means that your privacy and security is always at risk. Keeping this factor in mind everyone in the online industry is coming up with the two step verification process for ensuring 100% security of the users. When you choose the two step verification not only you have to use your password but also your cell phone to log in to your account. So even when someone might figure out your password there is absolutely no way they can get the verification code which is sent to your registered cell phone number each time you sign in/log in to your particular account. You can turn on this 2 step verification process for your Gmail account as well in order to be safe.
- Visit the Gmail sign-in page and enter your Gmail username and address as you normally would.
- You will be asked to enter a six-digit code which will be sent to your phone via a text message. Enter the verification code and click verify. You will be then logged in to your account.