HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer – Introduction
Description of HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer is an excellent printing machine that is good enough to make your printing job easy and convenient. Further, this inkjet printer has capability to handle varied papers and efficient at its job. With the HP Officejet Pro 6960 you can print, scan, fax, and copy your documents easily and at a high speed.
Further, this well-designed inkjet printer is suitable for your office printing use. Further, with this printer you can achieve professional results also it helps you cut your costs. Saving energy up to 50% this printer gives you more prints with sharp black text, smear and water resistant printouts. Using the two-sided printing you can save your money and also it helps to reduce your business’ carbon footprint. With its 2.6″ color touchscreen, it’s easy and convenient to adjust the settings.
With, the Mobile printing feature of the HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 printer you can print your documents wirelessly using your mobile phone, tab, or laptop. It’s very quick and easy to set up the wireless connection with the printer and then readily start the printing wirelessly with this printer. Set up Wi-Fi connection with the printer and start your printing right away. Additionally, you can print using Apple AirPrint and print from your Google Cloud account. Also, use the HP ePrint app that helps you to connect your device with the printer for easy setup. Further, it has an Ethernet or USB 2.0 ports also to allow you wired connections.
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer – FAQ’s
How to set up my HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer to a wireless connection in Windows?
It’s easy to set up your HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 printer on a wireless (Wi-Fi) network. For this first you have to just connect it to the network. Second install the necessary printer drivers and utilities from official HP website.
Finally, you get the prompt for connection during installation choose the connection type as Wireless connection. See the steps follows:
First: The first step is for installation:
To set up the printer in wireless network and you should first obtain the name and password of the network. After this switch on your printer, PC, and network router.
NOTE: To get the password and name of your network just get the WEP or WPA Key.
- Make sure to obtain the following things:
- Network name of your network. It’s the SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Further, the password for the network which also known as the WEP or WPA key.
- PC for wireless connection. Connect it to the same network as your printer.
- Finally, the Internet connection and for this it’s beneficial to use broadband Internet cable or DSL for driver downloads or updates.
- Now place the printer as close to your PC as possible and in range of the router during the set-up process.
- Also, make sure to disconnect the printer from any Ethernet or USB cable if connected to.
Second: Establish the wireless connection:
Now use the Wireless Setup Wizard of your printer to connect the printer to your network. Thus, now you HP printer installer should be able to find your printer easily.
- From the control panel of your printer on its screen, swipe down and find the Dashboard then open it. Further, tap on the Wireless icon .
- Now tap on the Setup icon .
- Next open the Wireless Settings and choose Wireless Setup Wizard from there.
- Now when you find the list of available networks then choose your network and tap on OK.
- Further, if you are not able to locate your network name in the list then choose Enter New Network Name from the list. Then, follow the instructions on the screen to enter your network name.
- Enter the WEP or WPA key, which is the password of your network, when it prompts you so. Then tap on Done.
- Finally, tap on OK.
NOTE: In case you get an error message while providing your network name and password then please make sure that the name and password matches with the correct name and password. Also, check for the uppercase and lowercase letters.
Third: Now finally just download and install the necessary drivers:
At last you have to download and install the latest version of drivers for your HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 Printer. For this, go to the official site of the HP then browse to your product -> Support -> Drivers and downloads. Further, download the latest drivers according to the windows you operate.
NOTE: If you have the Driver installation CD for your printer then use it to install the necessary drivers.
Why did the mobile printer setup fail with my HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 printer?
If you are not able to setup a wireless connection with your printer using Mobile app on your Android device. So, here are steps to resolve this issue. Read all the steps to troubleshoot the issue:
First: Try to resolve issue by refreshing the list of printers in AiO Remote app:
- If the setup has succeeded, however the AiO remote app may take some time to detect your printer on the network.
- So, for detecting your printer you may need to refresh the list of available printers. So, you can refresh the list by just tapping on the Refresh icon. Further, there could be one of the two cases:
Now, if you find your printer listed then the setup is complete and you can skip the steps ahead.
Also, if it’s not yet listed try to turn off the printer wait at least 60 seconds after that turn it on again. Further, check the list again. However, if the problem continues get to the next step.
Second: Check the status of your printer and network:
Please make sure the following things:
- Ensure that your Android device is connected to the network properly: Browse the wireless(Wi-Fi) settings of your device to confirm that your device is connected to the same network as your printer.
- Further, ensure the printer is ready for the network connection: You can check the status of your printer if it’s ready for network connection. For this, check the light found on printer next to Wireless icon is on or on but blinking. In case is not then open Wireless Settings and check for wireless signal to make sure it’s turned on.
- Ensure that the router band and broadcasting is correct: Many of the network routers available are able to work in both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands. However, not every HP printer supports both frequency bands. So, you should check that the 2.4 GHz band is enabled in your router also make sure it’s broadcasting. In case of SSIDs and if necessary connect your printer to the 2.4 GHz frequency band SSID.
- Further, ensure that it’s turned on and ready to use also not in power saving or sleep mode.
- Make sure to Turn off all other nearby printers: In case you are dealing with multiple wireless printers around you, then by turning them off may help you resolve issue. Now if you not face the issue athen you can skip the rest of the steps.
- Moreover, if you still find the issue follow the next step.
Third: Try setting up the AiO Remote app again:
- Now when you make sure that all the connections and settings are correct and printer is ready for use. Then try to setup the AiO Remote App again.
- So, open the AiO Remote app then tap on the printer icon. Now, you can see the list of available printers.
- If you find your printer listed, then tap on your printer’s option. Further, follow all the instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
- However, if it’s not listed in the list then tap on the “My printer is not listed” -> “Help Set Up a New Printer”, finally follow instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
- Moreover, if you still find the issue then go to next step.
Fourth: Manually connecting to the wireless network for wireless connections:
If all the steps fail, then you can try to connect your wireless network manually. After that now try to find your printer with AiO Remote app. Now if the problem is not resolved take help of HP printer support.