Brother MFC-J485DW Printer – Introduction
Read here to resolve any issues regarding your Brother MFC-J485DW printer and get useful information regarding the printer. Further if you need further help and advance assistance then visit.
About Brother MFC-J485DW Printer
Brother MFC-J485DW printer is a smart and well-designed All-in-one inkjet printer. Further with its smart features and easy-to-use functionalities, it’s a real printing product. Moreover, you can use this printer smoothly and handle conveniently. Also, it’s compact, economical and loaded with efficient quality and features. With its Easy to connect feature you can easily connect it to your mobile devices for easily wireless printing.
Brother MFC-J485DW printer is rich in features in the Brother Work Smart Series. Also, it offers the required features and functionality for home, small business, and office users. Moreover, this wireless color inkjet printer serves you clear and reliable printing, scanning, copying, and faxing.
Also, it provides you best quality printing in affordable prices. With its 100-sheet capacity ADF you can get a huge output without monitoring it. Further, with duplex feature it enables two-sided printing thus helps you saving paper. While talking connectivity then you can connect to your mobile device to easily print your documents from mobile devices. Also, print documents to popular cloud services thus enhancing the productivity and efficiency.
Key features of Brother MFC-J485DW
- With its color inkjet technology, you can easily scan, copy, print, and fax with your documents.
- Also, it facilitates you an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) system and a duplex system for two sided printing. Thus, it saves your paper and serves economical printing.
- Paper handling capacity of 100-sheet and up to 8.5″x14″.
- Setup wireless connection with other devices easily to print your documents wirelessly.
- Google Cloud Print, AirPrint, Wi-Fi Direct, iPrint & Scan, and Mopria you can easily print with your mobile devices.
- Scan to and print documents to Facebook, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
- Directly capture and convert documents with its Cloud Apps.
- Convenient navigation with its 1.8″ color display.
Brother MFC-J485DW Printer FAQs
How to print the network configuration report in my Brother MFC-J485DW printer?
- First press the ‘Settings’ icon in your Brother MFC-J485DW printer.
- Now after opening the settings of your printer just press ▲ or ▼ buttons to navigate the ‘Print Reports’ option and when you find it just press OK.
- Further, press ▲ or ▼ buttons again for navigating the ‘Network Configuration’ option after finding it select it and press OK.
- Now, press Black Start or Color Start to print it in a color.
- After you complete the above steps successfully the report will print automatically now.
Why am I unable to print to my Brother MFC-J485DW printer from windows 7 using USB connection?
1. First look for any error message on your printer’s display if find then clear the error.
2. Turn off your printer and wait for 15 seconds then restart the printer.
If the issue is resolved, then no need to head to next step else go to next step.
3. Unplug the USB cable from printer and system.
4. Remove pending printing jobs from the print queue.
Note: Check for any printer driver issues.
5. Further, right-click on printer driver then click on Remove Device.
6. Click Yes. Now try connecting the USB cable again.
7. Also, remove docking stations, USB hubs, or extension cables.
Ensure that the cable is connected to the USB port not any other port like line jack, network port, or EXT jack.
8. Try reinstalling the printer if driver issue occurs. Also, check the cable and ports if they are corrupted. Try with a different USB cable.
9. If after reinstalling the driver it is ok then no need to follow further steps.
10. Try uninstalling the Brother software.
11. Now reinstall the MFL-Pro Suite with the “Full Driver and Software Package”.
12. After installation test the printer with printing a document.
- If you get the printout then its ok now.
- If not, then try connecting and printing the document with other computer. Further, if everything fails. Then you should seek immediate Brother printer support to resolve the issue.
- Though, the problem should be resolved with either reinstallation of driver or brother software or by re-plugging the USB cable. However, if the problem persist then take help from Brother support.